This manual was developed and tested in the framework of the “Transmitting peace-keeping traditions to the youth” project. This project was implemented by Aigine CRC in 2012 and had been supported by the Small Grants Program of the US Embassy in Bishkek.
The final version the manual on the traditional ways of conflict prevention and resolution consists of 9 chapters:
- Contemporary methods of conflict prevention and resolution
- Traditional forms of self-organization’s role in promotion of peaceful coexistence
- Institution of elders (aksakals) in conflict resolution
- The role of women in conflict prevention and resolution in traditional societies
- Match-making as a mechanism for reconciliation
- Promotion of peace by arts and artists in traditional societies
- Mechanisms for conflict resolution in Islam
- The role of sacred sites in peace-keeping
- The concept of collective responsibility
The manual is bilingual i.e. all chapters are available both in Russian and Kyrgyz.